Sunday, September 7, 2008

Commercials: Kool-Aid

Tonight's episode of Family Guy inspired this entry.

Kool-Aid has a looong history of advertising campaigns, some more memorable than others. As usual, I'll be focusing on the ads from the late 80s and early 90s. If you're looking for the more classic commercials, you're at the wrong place. I'm one month and three weeks shy of my 25th birthday, those were before my time.

One of the ad campaigns from my childhood was "Wild and Wacky". The following commercial is a trip. It looks like a film student's first project. It embodies the cheese of the late 80s and early 90s. Kool-Aid Man busts through the wall in a pair of pink leopard print pants and a blond wig that resembles fiberglass insulation.



Here's a low-quality commercial of my absolute favorite flavor ever: Sharkleberry Fin. Fintastic!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking for the Kool Aid Ice skating commercial from 79-81. I was in it and would love my kids to see it!!!

Maxeyepwy said...

Looking for the Kool Aid Ice skating commercial from 79-81. I was in it and would love my kids to see it!!!